Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you kidding me????

Just my opinion but are you kidding me?

Gretzky Shield and patch cards for 1000s of dollars????????

hmmm one of those or a true rookie!??

I am certainly a rookie guy, but that card has a direct link to Wayne in that he touched it, signed it and it contains a key piece of a jersey he wore in a game. It is much more than a simple piece of cardboard with a picture on it, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

• HowieMorenz7
      HowieMorenz7 commented
      Editing a comment
      but for 1000's of dollars?

• Hendu
      Hendu commented
      Editing a comment
      Plus it's (allegedly?) a 1-of-1, soooooooo.. ???

I've said this a million times before: it's sad when card companies destroy jerseys and sticks so they can be made into cards. I'm looking at all the Gordie Howe stick cards now - just awful!

Comment

Let's see how many bids they will get and how many cards will sell (or not)...

Comment

im now high bidder on all of the 1/1s in that auction-- sold off all my vintage prewar cards to get these 1/1 treasures! --- im going be king of the hill and someday when i sell them all off ,ill get 10-15% of my investment back!!!

Comment

• martuzzi
          martuzzi commented
          Editing a comment
          Good call. If there's 3 known C56 #37 Lalondes, no brainer to trade in your Lalonde for one of these 1/1s.

• topnotchcollectible.com
          Editing a comment
          yep i got to bid on all of em patch cards -only had to give up my lalonde #37 1/3 -cecil browne 1/2 ,hollands connie neil 1/4- my quaker richard clancy and lumley- !!------------------------------------------- hey to each there own-im sure people who collect new stuff just as proud as my old stuff--------enjoying the hobby -is enjoying the hobby- its just not me- And noboby mentioned but theres 2 --IN THE CUP CROSBYs at ony $25,000 min bid each plus 20% BP- !

• Stampsfan
          Stampsfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like something I had heard many times in around 1990...

Look at this one--A cool THE CUP True rookie PATCH card. And there is only 100 of these babies!. I got out bid at 10K. So I am out---darn...I'll have to wait for another great buying opportunity. Don't tell my wife please. (LOL)--to each his own
        2015-16 The Cup Rookie auto patch /99 #197 Connor McDavid in Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop, Sports Trading Cards, Ice Hockey Cards | eBay
        Last edited by HowieMorenz7; 01-17-2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

I mean really---(just my opinion)
          16/17 UD THE CUP AUSTON MATTHEWS 05/06 RC ROOKIE TRIBUTE PATCH AUTO /10 2CL | Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop, Sports Trading Cards, Ice Hockey Cards | eBay!

Comment

Didn’t you recently buy one of these patch cards for yourself, sir? wink* wink*

Comment

• HowieMorenz7
              HowieMorenz7 commented
              Editing a comment
              not a chance

Here is a dealer who got his card Upgraded---intelligent...to say the least
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-V252-C...p2056016.l4276

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMorenz7 View Post
              Here is a dealer who got his card Upgraded---intelligent...to say the least
              https://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-V252-C...p2056016.l4276

Why would you ever crack a Morenz from a PSA holder and resubmit to KSA...Seriously, what exactly did this person expect to gain from this endeavor?

Comment

Speaking of crazy prices for new cards, I spoke with a guy at the Expo who pulled an Auston Matthews card from a tin of The Cup (something like $700 for one tin with 4 cards in it).
                He told me he turned down $10,000 Canadian for his card and was holding out for $10,000 USD and when I saw him on Sunday at Expo, he told me he got his price.
                Unreal....

Comment

• HowieMorenz7
                  HowieMorenz7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would suggest CT scans and psychological examinations to buyers of such items

• bossef
                  bossef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, as long has those guys are buying recent cards, I'm fine with it. I don't want them start buying vintage stuff and driving the price up like crazy...

• rocket9richard
                  rocket9richard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In a local TV show last week, we saw a Montréal collector who bought a McDavid card #/4 on eBay for a little Under CAN$20000 and he sold it in Classic Auction thinking he would make a big profit out of it. The card ended at just US$5100. Ouch what a lost... I will stick to my vintage items instead

Just watch where this one ends.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2015-16-Conn...IAAOSwYxBaBvtC

Comment

• fhennessy15
                  fhennessy15 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank God they did not have Eric Lindros versions of these cards in the early 90's. Would not have been a good ROI

• woodenstickera
                  woodenstickera commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are we witnessing another card bubble similar to early 90s? Seems like there are a lot of speculators out there.

• rocket9richard
                  rocket9richard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  //99... Ridicoulous! You could probably buy a full game used jersey for that price

Hmmm mystery cut--could it be a .......cheque????????----
                2008 SP Legendary Cuts Mystery Cut Signatures Autograph Auto Maurice Richard

Comment

• georgebailey2
                  georgebailey2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Although most characteristics of the signature make it highly likely to be genuine, I think there is a slight chance this may be a signature stamp for his company. The slope of the signature appears to be a straight line, which seems odd to me.

• rocket9richard
                  rocket9richard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That autograph is 100% ligit.
                  It is a cut check from his company and originally came out of his estate in 2002.
                  You can buy a full check for $100.00! there are still some available on the market.

Wow a Game Used Autograph Card!
                2015 MAURICE RICHARD LEAF ITG IN THE GAME USED 50 IN 50 GOALS AUTO SIGNATURE /50

Comment

• ViewFromStLou
                  ViewFromStLou commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cutting up an existing autograph card from one card company to make a new card from a different company is beyond weird.

• Stampsfan
                  Stampsfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OMG ViewFromStLou, you are correct. I laughed when I clicked on the link. Thanks for pointing that out.

• rocket9richard
                  rocket9richard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And you can buy the full Parkhurst card that looks much nicer for less money!

Since 1989 (post 1989 RC's) very few of the RC's even of HOFers have held their value. However, Sidney Crosby RC's have in some cases doubled and almost tripled in the last two years. His Upper Deck Young Guns RC has tripled from $300 for a PSA 10 to $1000 and while I do not follow the cup - if $20,000 is a realistic price it has also tripled.

Comment

Working...
                X