Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hart2004
    started a topic Crosby

Crosby

Crosby retires tomorrow. Assume historical relativity - same training/diet knowledge etc. Who do you have ahead of Crosby all time on an all-time greats list?

• brandonmorrison
    replied
    How amazing did that Islander crowd sound? Lol

Leave a comment:

• Puck_That
    replied
    After watching GM 1 last night, here is what I have to say: Penguins are in big trouble! Crosby has to step up his game and Kris f**king Letang has to stop trying to act like Bobby Orr (because he creates too many turnovers and cost them the game!)

Leave a comment:

• brandonmorrison
    replied
    Another thing about Ovie that’s crazy is that everyone in the world knows what he’s going to do. Set up shop and hammer it home and after all these years teams still can’t slow him down.

Leave a comment:

• AANVJeff
    replied
    I already put Ovechkin ahead of Crosby on my all-time greats list. With goal scoring being so difficult in today's game, it is an incredible feat to have had so many 50+ goal seasons. Take a look at any footage from hockey in the 1980s. Goaltenders were just glorified pylons. Think of how much the strategy of scoring goals has changed since Gretzky's heyday. All powerplays are based on goaltender screening, intentional wide shots and tip-ins. In the 1980s, any shot on net had a chance of going in.

Leave a comment:

• brandonmorrison
    replied
    I read somewhere that when Gretzky scored his most goals the NHL averaged 8 goals per game and in the best seasons Ovie had it was a shade over 5. Imagine if he had even 1/2 more goals to get in on per game. Wow

Leave a comment:

• Puck_That
    replied
    Originally posted by brandonmorrison View Post
    Ovie is the greatest goal scorer in history.
    I said it!
    Having a 50-goal season in today's NHL is extremely difficult. Sidney Crosby, for example, did it only once. Ovechkin has done it eight times! How many more will he do? Again, goal scorers get more love from sports fans and if Ovechkin ends up beating Gretzky's scoring record then I think this Crosby worship will come to an end.

Leave a comment:

• brandonmorrison
    replied
    Ovie is the greatest goal scorer in history.
    I said it!
    Last edited by brandonmorrison; 04-06-2019, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cpuck44
    replied
    I don't believe OV would rank higher then Crosby (2 years younger then OV), stats and awards comparison: Crosby 1214 pts in 942 games, OV 1211 pts in 1083 games; Crosby 3 Cups (played in 4), 2 WC's, 1 WJr, and 2 Olympic golds, OV 1 Cup, 3 WC's, 1 WJr, and no medals in 3 Olympics. Very similar but I give the edge to Crosby even if OV wins one more

Leave a comment:

• Puck_That
    replied
    I think it's amazing how he managed to come back from all those head injuries and continue performing at such a high level. I would put him either top 10 or top 15.

I also think that if Ovechkin wins one more cup and breaks Gretzky's scoring record then Crosby won't be seen as the best of his era anymore.

Leave a comment:

• brandonmorrison
    replied
    If Ovie had one more cup, do we think of him as highly as Crosby?

Leave a comment:

• brandonmorrison
    replied
    If he retired today I’d safely put him in say a top 10. Off the top of my head (and in no order) he’d be behind Wayne, Orr, Rocket, Howe, Mario, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X