X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrik Laine:

If this kid keeps doing what he is doing, then how many awards will he win? Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy? Hart? Calder?

The Calder seems doable, the others will be tough but not impossible. It's something like a player winning the Conn Smythe before winning the Calder aka K.D. 1971 ... maybe greater.

The Jets better start saving their pennies now if all three happen though ........

Comment

His shot is one of the best I've ever seen. He does things with his shot I've never seen another play do. His dexterity, the quickness with which he can get a powerful shot off, and the incredible pin-point accuracy are just unbelievable. He combines elements of shooters like Bossy, Ovechkin, and Bobby Hull, Brett Hull with some aspects that are uniquely his.

Comment

• Billyberu
        Billyberu commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree Hart. He shoots the puck with authority...especially into his own net Oilers will take it.......poor bugger! I truly believe he was confused on which way he was skating as he seemed to start to raise his arms to celebrate? If only the oilers could find a pure shooter for McDavid. Heck I will just take Lucic being able to taker a pass and not have it bounce off his stick!

• hart2004
        hart2004 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree that he was meaning to shoot to score. Even when he scores on his own net, it's top corner lol

Here is small paragraph from an online article I just read:

<<Starting his NHL career in the 2005-06 season, Ovechkin surged out of the gate with 15 goals and 22 points in his first 21 games with Washington, while firing 111 shots on goal. At the same stage of his rookie year with Winnipeg, Laine has 12 goals and 18 points, if managing a more tidy 57 shots.>>

This kid is something else! I look forward to seeing him play against Minny tonight.

Comment

I have his rookie card, maybe that's why he is so good.

Comment

Our Jets certainly hit the jackpot with their Laine win in the draft lottery. The team is loaded with young guns and they can only get better and better as everyone matures. I'm still not sure about Paul Maurice being the one to lead them to the promised land, though.

Comment

I like Mau a lot. I don't blame any of our mediocrity on him. We have a very young team, which doesn't help the record. And Helle isn't there yet, so our goaltending is a bit of a mess. But with Laine, Ehlers, Scheif and more, we have a very bright future. I'm sure one day, John, us Jets fans will have our day in the sun!

Comment

Man, Laine just sucks on the road. He might just take one shot the whole game and that's about it. Pretty odd.

Comment

He's not an all around elite player yet, that is for sure. But for his age, he's amazing. Between the goaltending, youth, and Maurice's inability to do anything about penalties against year after year, we are not where I want us to be yet. I love Mau, but the penalties are his Achilles and we are not improving in that regard. Would love to see Chevy go after Bishop or Fleury,

Comment

• JohnH19
                  JohnH19 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hart, sorry to disagree but Bishop's always injured...and he wouldn't want to play here...and Fleury is no better than what we already have.

• hart2004
                  hart2004 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bishop's injury issues may be something I should consider. Fleury is terrible most of the time in the post-season, but in regular season, in my opinion he's a huge upgrade on Helle.

• Puck_That
                  Puck_That commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you see what Helle did to the Hawks last night? This is his first season in the NHL. Give him some time.

Jets got their sweet revenge last night. They played very aggressively and put Vancouver off their game. A lot of forechecking and backchecking - just loved it! Ryan Miller cried like a baby.

Comment

Working...
                X